(Published in Part II, Section 3, Sub Section (ii) of the
Gazette of India Extraordinary)
Government of India
Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
Department of Pharmaceuticals
(National Pharmaceuticals Pricing Authority)
New Delhi, the 28th November, 2011
S.O. 2710(E)– In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-paragraphs (b) of paragraph 10 of the Drugs (Prices Control) Order, 1995, read with No. S.O. 637 (E) dated the 4th September, 1997 issued by the Government of India in the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers and in supersession of the Order of the Government of India in the Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers, (National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority) S.O. No. 725(E), dated 27th August, 1998, in so far as it relates to formulation packs mentioned in the table below, except in respect of things done or omitted to be done before such supersession, the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority, being satisfied that it is necessary in the public interest so to do and after taking into account the applicable norms of Conversion Cost, Packing Charges, Process Loss and Packing Material Cost for Intra-Venous (I.V.) Fluids, hereby fixes the maximum retail prices exclusive of excise duty and Sales taxes/VAT etc., if any, of each of the following formulation packs of I.V. Fluids as per the details given below :
|Sl. No.||Name of the formulation||Strength/Composition(% w/v)||Pack Size||Maximum Retail Price (excluding Excise Duty/Sales Tax/VAT etc.) (Rs.)|
|A. Glass Bottle Packing|
|1.||Dextrose Injection/Solution||Dextrose – 5%||100ml||13.64|
|2.||Dextrose Injection/Solution||Dextrose – 5%||250ml||18.84|
|3.||Dextrose Injection/Solution||Dextrose – 5%||500ml||26.74|
|4.||Dextrose Injection/Solution||Dextrose – 5%||1000ml||48.59|
|5.||Normal Saline Injection/Solution||Sodium Chloride -0.9%||100ml||13.28|
|6.||Normal Saline Injection/Solution||Sodium Chloride -0.9%||250ml||17.90|
|7.||Normal Saline Injection/Solution||Sodium Chloride -0.9%||500ml||24.88|
|8.||Normal Saline Injection/Solution||Sodium Chloride -0.9%||1000ml||44.89|
|9.||Dextrose + Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Dextrose – 5% Sodium Chloride-0.9%||100ml||13.68|
|10.||Dextrose + Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Dextrose – 5% Sodium Chloride-0.9%||250ml||18.92|
|11.||Dextrose + Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Dextrose – 5% Sodium Chloride-0.9%||500ml||26.88|
|12.||Dextrose + Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Dextrose – 5% Sodium Chloride-0.9%||1000ml||48.89|
|B. FFS/BFS/ Plastic /PVC Bottle, Pouches and others Packing|
|13.||Dextrose Injection/Solution||Dextrose – 5%||100ml||12.34|
|14.||Dextrose Injection/Solution||Dextrose – 5%||250ml||17.02|
|15.||Dextrose Injection/Solution||Dextrose – 5%||500ml||23.08|
|16.||Dextrose Injection/Solution||Dextrose – 5%||1000ml||39.21|
|17.||Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Sodium Chloride -0.9%||100ml||11.96|
|18.||Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Sodium Chloride -0.9%||250ml||16.08|
|19.||Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Sodium Chloride -0.9%||500ml||21.20|
|20.||Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Sodium Chloride -0.9%||1000ml||35.41|
|21.||Dextrose + Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Dextrose – 5% Sodium Chloride-0.9%||100ml||12.36|
|22.||Dextrose + Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Dextrose – 5% Sodium Chloride-0.9%||250ml||17.10|
|23.||Dextrose + Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Dextrose – 5% Sodium Chloride-0.9%||500ml||23.22|
|24.||Dextrose + Normal Saline Injection/ Solution||Dextrose – 5% Sodium Chloride-0.9%||1000ml||39.51”|
* Subject to actual payment of Government levies/taxes, as applicable.
- The above prices are applicable to all manufacturers including the manufacturers in the small scale sector.
- A factor of Rs. 0.23 for each 10 ml for Glass bottle and Rs. 0.20 for each 10ml for plastic bottles has been worked out to for the prices for the packs different than the prices notified for the packs mentioned above.
- An additional amount of Rs. 1.33 for packs in Euro Head upto 100ml and Rs. 2.96 for packs in Euro Head between 101ml to 1000ml shall be allowed.
- The companies / manufacturers may add excise duty and sales taxes/VAT etc. only if they have paid actually to the Government on the price mentioned in the column (5) and the same may be intimated to the NPPA in the Form-V of DPCO, 1995.
- For different packing material used and/or any other special features/forms claimed, the maximum retail prices, as specified in Column No. 5 above, shall be applicable unless the companies approaches NPPA for specific price approvals for its formulations.
- The prices fixed/notified hereinabove under the provisions of DPCO, 1995 have to be mandatorily implemented by the manufacturing /marketing company notwithstanding its status of compliance of conditions for such formulation pack under the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
- The manufacturer and marketing company for the above said formulation shall be required to take the requisite prior approval from the competent Authority for any change in the composition of the above said formulation with written prior intimation to the National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority.
- The manufacturer or marketing company not complying with the ceiling prices and conditions specified in notes hereinabove within 15 days from the date of above said notification, shall be liable to deposit overcharged amount along with the interest under the provisions of the DPCO, 1995 read with the EC Act, 1955.
F. No. 8(32)/2011/D.P./NPPA-Div.II
Last Page Updated: 05-02-2019